Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Molly's First Haircut

Let me just start off by saying I hit that point that every mom hits when your 3 or 4 year old CRIES hysterically every time you brush their hair. Therefore, I began "prepping" Molly for the "bob." I got out the home videos of Meg when she was 4 years old and showed how Meg had a cute "short" haircut and never cried when we brushed it out. Molly's response, "mom, Meg can't wear a bow, her hair is too short." Which was true. She had it just bob just a little below the shoulder. . .oh how I loved it. After viewing more footage of Meg, Molly conceded and decided she could get a "short haircut, but not a bob." Great, whatever you want to call it. I did not hesitate. The next morning Meg, Molly and I were waiting at the door of "Shortcuts" when they opened. I wasn't about to have Molly watch "Enchanted" or "Little Mermaid" and change her mind about the "short haircut." Here is Molly, stringy hair and all (why waste another morning combing out that mess. . .I opted to let the highly-trained hair technician deal with the snarls).

The first cut. She got 5 inches taken off the back.

Getting it styled.

The finished product. No I didn't put bug spray on her. . .hence the bug bite on her forehead, but I did put sunscreen on her and she still got burned.

The back view. She was so mad and threw a MAJOR fit when Rusty came home from work because I had already left for a meeting and it wasn't combed and styled to show Rusty.

She's very happy with her hair cut. I just dread the next time when Molly watches "Little Mermaid" and sees Ariel laying on the rock as her long hair flowing blows in the breeze.

6 comments:

Marla said...

Let's just say my girl is almost 7 and I STILL get a major fit trying to brush her hair. Problem is, I've cut it short TWICE because I hate th fight to comb, but I love it long soooo much better. Dilemma.

I think Molly is dang cute no matter what you do to her hair.

Been meaning to email you - think about you all the time and wonder how things are going. Let's just say this: If I had to follow YOU in a calling I would be a nervous wreck.

Suzy Hicks said...

Oh so cute, Molly can pull anything off. You're a woman of action Vicki....that's why I love you! Way not to let 24 hours lapse between the agreement of a hair cut and the hair cut itself.

Suzy Hicks said...

p.s. miss you and the YW.

Gramma said...

She's adorable!! I love Molly's haircut! AND your pics and blogs . . . The pics are so cute! Sorry to hear about the little doggie :(

143 2ks :)

bstoutfamily said...

Hahahaha...I love to hear this because I am having the same conversations and issues with Kaylin! She starts crying before I even put the brush through her hair!! I keep telling her we need to cut it a little and it will feel so much better! She then tells me, "No, because I want long hair like you and Ashlee and Alicia!" She usually gets me with that one, but I think I might finally have her convinced!!! :) Alicia gets back from TX on Wed. and I think she is ready to let her cut her hair!!! Molly's hair looks adorable by the way!! xoxo

Julie and Matt said...

I love Molly's new haircut! My girls constantly are getting knots in their hair. Thanks to Tanner's great haircutting skills, Riley has shoulder length hair and it doesn't get nearly as many knots. Molly is sooo cute!

PS Has she seen Ariel's hair yet?