Every year for the past four years Rusty has participated in the Buffalo Trails Triathlon in Maysville, KY, hometown to George Clooney. The hotel we stay at is on the river and right out the front door is the transition area for the triathlon. Friday night we eat pizza (Rusty's choice of pre-race meal) and then walk around the town.
For some reason, in each other's absence, Rusty and I love to take pictures of stuff like this and show each other. Usually I say something like, "Here's a picture of you in 5 years." btw, I'm sure it won't surprise many of you, but Sam was the one who brought this gentleman to my attention first. (He's not a race participant).
While we were waiting for Rusty during the bike leg of the race, a little girl befriended Molly and wouldn't let go of her hand even while she/they were running. Unfortunately, the run ended in a crash with Molly's head hitting the pavement. The doctor from the race came and examined her.







1 comment:
Hi Vicki, I wish I had your email but hopefully you'll see this comment on your blog, because the craziest thing just happened. Our RS president was sitting on my couch and she looked at me and said, "you remind me of my old college roommate, her name was Vicki O'brien." I, of course, told her how flattered I was to be compared to cute Vicki and how I knew you from KY.:) So, you can see where this is going . . . your old roommate Kristy Steele is in my ward. She's so fun, and I have her daughter in YW's. Anyways, Kristy Steele says hi and I passed along your blog address, so you might be hearing from her soon. Hope your family is doing well. Your kids are darling as usual. Todd is a crazy biker now, so he brings Rusty up a lot. He's biking Mt. Evans soon if Rusty wants to join him.:) Tell everyone in Louisville hello. -Lyndsie
Post a Comment