Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Jack F. & Jack A.

There are two boys that have been in Sam's class for the last two years, Jack A. and Jack F. These are the type of boys that every mother prays their son doesn't seek out to play with during recess. Sam is drawn to both of them.

As a young "Padwan," Sam has learned "the dark side" from these two (our family is kind of into Star Wars, especially after Sam got to be a Padwan at the Star Wars show at Disney World).

Here are some choice instances of the shining examples that Jack A. and Jack F. are to our young son with me at the end of each story asking, "who taught you that?" And the answer is always the same, "Jack A. or Jack F."

A song Jack F. taught Sam--"Tarzan the jungle man, swinging from a rubber band. He slips, he falls, he breaks his bloody @#$%!." (I'm sure you can guess what the last word is).

Jack F. occasionally jumps on the urinal while Sam is using it.

Jack F. likes to refer to his boy part as a "wizzer" and tends to call Sam a derogatory name because Sam won't show him his "wizzer."

Jack A. walks backward away from the urinal as he's peeing to see how far his aim is.

Is anyone else noticing a theme? Even their names sound like profanity. Jack A.? Jack F.?

Jack A. recently told Sam that Barney (the dinosaur from PBS) got fired because he said the "s" word to a boy on the show. . . and Sam believed it. Then Sam wanted to ensure that I knew what exactly the "s" word was in case I didn't know.

Jack F. to Sam "I'm going to beat everyone in the mile run." Unfortunately, the little punk did. As the mile run story unfolded, Sam confessed that he told the entire class he would be second. Unfortunately he was. Sam, "Mom, I was kind of bragging that I could beat everyone; well I WAS bragging."

There is a girl that Jack F. hates. Her name is Reagan and since Jack F. hates her, Sam said he pretends to hate her. I asked Sam if he really hated her or if he just hated her because Jack F. hated her. He said, "I don't hate her, but she is really mean. Mom, I don't really know why I might hate her." Oh Sam. . .

Are you seeing another theme? How do you get your child not to be a follower? I am grateful that Sam tells me when he does or learns something he shouldn't but I do fear somewhere there is a mom writing a post entitled "Sam O."

5 comments:

Kristen said...

It seems like kids that age should be immune from peer pressure. It starts so young...he's a smart kid though, and from what you said obviously knows what he thinks himself despite what other kids tell him. That's a good sign. :)

Jen said...

Oh Vicki! How I miss you. You are hilarious! This post is so sad and stressful as a mother, but you hilariously typed it out for all of us to see and it made me laugh. I really dislike all of the dang Jack A's and F's of the world. I just wish parents would be better examples to their children. I'm telling ya the second they walk into those kindergarten doors they are never the same!! Guess it's time to start home-schooling. :-)

Marla said...

I will write a post entitled Sam O. --- and it will be about this cute, hillarious little boy that my daughter still talks about nd has a crush on.

Summer said...

I have been laughing about these boys ever since you told us about them in presidency meeting. I just love their names. I will NEVER name my Jack (even though Jack L. doesn't sound like a bad word!). Good luck with Sam and the Jack sagas.

Suzy Hicks said...

Vicki, I have no advice to give, but I have to say you make me laugh. Good thing Sam O. has great parents that care about him and he'll turn out just fine.