Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hilton Head The Beach

For spring break this year we went to Hilton Head, South Carolina. This was a perfect vacation for our family. We were across the street from the beach, and even though the temperature was in the high 60's we spent most of our time there. It was the first time my kids had ever been to the beach. This is my favorite picture of the trip. If you zoom in, you can see everyone was really laughing.


Picking up a variety of sea life for "souvenirs." One lady on the beach told me to bleach the sand dollars so they wouldn't stink and so they would look pretty. I ended up bleaching everything they brought home. It worked out great.


I will admit I did not venture in the water past my ankles, but everyone else spent A LOT of time there. It's amazing how freezing cold water never seems to bug anyone under the age of 15 years old.

Ben's goal for the spring trip break was to run every day on the beach. My goal for spring break, to get a tan and lay on the sand. We both accomplished our goals.

It was so nice to go back to our condo and not worry about the sand that was EVERYWHERE. Someone else had to clean it up.
Hilton Head in pictures







5 comments:

Marcie said...

Hey!

I saw your comment on Kristi's. You have no idea how many times I have asked EVERYONE to give me your e-mail address so I could send you an invite....really.

Your kids are darling and that vacation looks heavenly. Biking on the beach as a family.....I want to do that.

It's pretty exclusive, but I'll hook you up :)

marciealcorn@yahoo.com

Cheryl said...

What a trip! I have never been there and after our trip with the Hamilton's didn't work out on our end, I am so going to go to South Carolina SOON!

I love all the photos. You guys really lived it up. The biking, beach, yummy food. Perfect.

Glad you got away and had such a fantastic spring break.

And I have to tell you, every time I hear that Taylor Swift song now, I think of Molly and her big expressive eyes singing that song for you. She's a doll!

Aaron and Stephanie Cousins said...

your kids are growing up so fast! cute too.

Julie and Matt said...

What a fun trip. What great beach pictures! I can't believe this was your kids' first time at the beach. Meg looks SO OLD in one of the pictures. Wow! Just don't forget little Bray out here in AZ!

Williams Fam said...

Hey Vicki! It's Katie Moyes Williams! Okay, so could your family be any cuter??!! Oh my word, they're all so grown up and to me it seems like yesterday you had just had Ben! Crazy-I hope you all are doing great and I'm loving catching up on your blog! You'll have to check mine out too, although I've not been the best blogger this year-but I'm working on it! Take care! ;)