Monday, September 21, 2009

Alicia's Wedding

A few weekends ago I went to Utah to attend Alicia Rose's wedding. One of my BFF's (as Meg puts it) in the world is Judy (Alicia's mom) and I was so excited to be a part of the weekend's festivities. Here we are at the rehearsal dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
Ashlee (Alicia's twin), me, Alicia and Judy.
Judy's immediate family and her mom right after the ceremony.

The reception was held at La Caille Restaurant at the bottom of Big Cottonwood Canyon. The grounds were beautiful and the food was delicious.

Ashlee, Jennifer, Alicia and me.
I was fortunate to be Jennifer's young women's president for four years, and she has turned into the most amazing woman. We both have four year old daughters. . .it's awesome that we are kind of at the same place now.


Katie Moyes-something. I don't know her married name. She was also one of my talented young women many years ago and is pregnant with her second child.

Me and my BFF

The atrium for the reception.

Judy and Jerry
Favorite quote of the night--Rusty coming up to me as I was talking to someone, "Vicki, come quick, Judy's on the dance floor grinding all three of her sons-in-law." Funny thing, I wasn't the least bit shocked or surprised by that.
The bride and the father-of-the-bride crying during their "daddy/daughter dance."

She wasn't a young woman of mine, but she is the most darling BYU sophomore around. She's one of my other BFF's daughter. . .Katie Walton. Oh, and her mom is seriously the funniest person you have EVER met.

Two of my other BFF's (how many can you have?), Kristy and Darin Adams. We use to hang with them all the time when they lived in Louisville and now he's some famous TV personality in SLC and barely has the time of day for us. Darin is my secret weapon for all my talks at church, creative songs at family reunions, and anything else I have to come up with.
We had too much fun with everyone. I LOVED seeing people who use to live in Louisville. We were also lucky enough to spend a few hours with my family. We went to brunch with them one morning and I took a picture, but it got deleted when Sam was taking pictures of the dead frozen worm outside. He says he didn't but. . . I could upload the frozen dead worm. We also spent MANY hours shopping at every store that had BYU paraphernalia. We got something for everyone, and a few Christmas presents as well. Besides the wedding we also ate at our favorite Utah dine (and no, it's not Cafe Rio), the Training Table! And I don't care if you say "really?" Really, we LOVE it. Bleu Bacon Burger, Cheese Fries and a large Diet Coke, baby!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Is that the place where you call in your order from the phone at the table?
Love seeing the pictures! I can't believe everybody's all grown up!!

traci said...

You do have many BFFs, but I guess that's because you are soooo popular. And, is that girl's mom really the funniest person you have ever met? Really? Think about it a little more.

Cheryl said...

Hey Vicki,

Just wanted to say hello after a long commenting absence. I loved looking at all your posts and pictures. Blogs are the perfect catch up.

So, I had to write and tell you that my little Zach reminds me of Sam. He has the most beautiful red hair and once in a while his facial expressions make me think of Sam. Sam is one of my favorite little people. He's got spunk and personality and I hope Zach will too. Just wanted to share that with you.

Miss you!

Julie and Matt said...

What a super fun weekend you had. I wish I could have been there. You look great in all the pictures. You look like you should be one the Rose daughters!

Julie and Matt said...

PS I hope I'm another one of your BFFs!