Goshen Elementary always has a "Meet the Teacher" night the Monday before school starts. We met Ben's teacher, Mr. Wallace and said "hi" to Sam's teacher Ms. Davis (he has the same teacher for 1st and 2nd grades). We also rented a U-Haul to take the LARGE amount of required school supplies. When we came home we had pizza night. We made individual pizzas and then had a fruit pizza for dessert.
Rusty showing off his pizza throwing skills and re-living his glory days from Pony Express Pizza. I always tell him, if the immigration lawyer thing doesn't work out he has the skills for a very lucrative fall-back career.
Sam meticulously places every shred of cheese.
Molly LOVING the flour.
Sam and Molly LOVING the flour so much that it got all over Rusty's suit coat (I say it's his own fault since he just hung it over the back of the chair and didn't hang it up).
Monkey see, monkey do.
Ms. Davis
This is another "let it go" moment for me. I would have NEVER chosen this outfit for the first day of school. Shorts that are really Ben's, and therefore too big, and a shirt with splattered red paint stained on it. Sam felt confident in his attire choice and that is all that matters.
Ben would not let me take a picture with him and Mr. Wallace. I guess fifth grade is the stopping point for this (sad).
These are all the kids in our cul-de-sac that ride the bus. There are four other kids Sam's age.
This picture was taken a week before school started in front of Meg's locker. We registered her, got her picture taken for the yearbook, walked around and found all her classes, and learned how to do the locker combination. It was one of those days I will never forget. I LOVED just being with her and going through this experience with her.


3 comments:
Starting school each year creates such precious memories!! Glad to see the ol' pizza throwing skill hasn't been lost and that the next generation is picking up on it! :) 143 2ks
Way cute pictures!
We loved the pictures. Sam's casual clothes reminds us of Grandpa Thompsons sense of style. Hope Meg likes middle school. Is Ben having fun with his first male teacher?
Post a Comment