I was at the new Norton Kosiar Children's Hospital (thank goodness they built one only two miles away from my house) three times during the last 10 days of August.
It all began when I decided that my kids needed to be a little more independent and told Ben he could fix himself something for dinner before cross country practice. A can of refried beans, a can opener and five stitches later was visit # 1 at the hospital. Kosair was great because it was close, nice, clean and had absolutely NO WAIT. Huge bonus!!!
I was actually bragging about the new hospital to my friends just minutes before visit #2 occurred. This was an experience I will never forget, mostly because I am so grateful for the guidance of the spirit and the love of not only wonderful friends, but a compassionate Heavenly Father.
After that. . .I decided I never want to go back to that hospital again.
A few days later however came visit #3. Rusty and I were just finishing dinner out when Ben called me, and frantically said "Molly swallowed a magnetic marble." DAMN!!! (oh, did I just write that?) I called the doctor and of course she told me to go to the hospital. Seven hundred dollars (out of pocket) later, not only did we find the marble, but found out Molly never goes poo (she's going to LOVE this post in a few years:). You can see the mounds of poo in the x-ray. No wonder she had been so lethargic and GROUCHY!!! I was attributing it to all day kindergarten. A week of constant Miralax in her water and Molly was a new girl (btw, I made Rusty fish the marble out of the toilet when it finally came out). Ahhhhhh the joys of parenting.


.
No comments:
Post a Comment