Sunday, October 10, 2010

Little League Champion

I was not much of a baseball fan until last spring/summer. Sam's 7-8 year old, machine pitch little league team had a 3-7 record going into the post season. With this record, you can only imagine how rough their season was. And how hard it was to watch game after game these little guys loosing.
Then came post season and our little leaguers hit their stride. They came alive beating the top three teams in the league in succession to win the championship.

The rested of the post is written and documented by Sam O'Brien himself.

I got FOUR triples, a bunch of doubles and a lot of singles (I'm not bragging, only stating the facts. . .again, want to remind that this is written by Sam).


I liked to play at third base, what a minute. . . I LOVED 3rd base .

I also loved getting on base, I mean who doesn't?

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We won! We're the champions (you know like that song?)!

We were pretty happy pretty much because we won the championship.

After the game we (dad and I) went to the pool to cheer on my siblings who were in a swim meet (and to show off my AWESOME trophy).

My dad was my coach. one of the best ones, because he led my team to a championship VICTORY!
Post script by Sam's mom. . .we are very happy that Sam has a TON of confidence, but are going to be talking to him a little bit about HUMILITY!!!

2 comments:

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

How fun for Sam! We sure do miss him in our class. We miss you guys also!

Gramma said...

Hey, he is just "stating the facts!" and the facts are awesome!!! :)