Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Chicago Getaway

We took a vacation last July to visit our friends the Hitchcock family in the Chicago area. We began our adventure with a camping trip. Camping is not my favorite thing to do (to day the least), but because they had an air conditioned pop up camper I agreed to go for 24 hours. I won't go so far to say that it was "fun" (the kids LOVED it)!!! I think it had something to do with the raccoons eating our breakfast, the disgusting port-a-potties, sticky 95 degree heat, and the massive rain storm that hit right before we decided to pack up camp. BUT I was a HUGE fan of the company and the little diner that we found to eat breakfast at while were still wearing our pajamas.

Taking a little boat ride.

Right after this picture I threw up. . .I do not know what was wrong with me. The heat, the motion of the boat, I am jacked up I will be the first to admit!

The Mollster

Before the raccoons decided to "share" our food.

The next day riding the train into Chicago.

Getting ready to take a boat architectural tour of the city.

In the cab going to lunch.



Megan, Meg and Natalie

Ready for the Cardinals game at Wrigley Field.



Molly in heaven, I mean the American Girl store.



Thanks for the fun Hitchcock family!!!

No comments: