Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Molly's "Blank"

When Molly was born she got a softer than soft, homemade, pink blanket from her Grandma Kathy. We used it, but since Molly was born in June--only a thin receiving blanket was really needed for the first few months of her life. That all changed. . .
Right before Molly turned one (we actually were gone on her birthday--yeah, she'll probably be in therapy for this. . .), Rusty and I went away for four days to San Antonia so he could attend a law conference. Grandma Kathy came to babysit, and thought Molly wasn't using her blanket enough. Therefore, she made sure Molly went everywhere with it, and was soon attached to it. This was my first experience of a "security blanket" and therefore, when we left it at a friends house one night, I wasn't too concerned with going back the 10 miles to retreive it. I WAS WRONG!!! About 11 p.m. I woke the family up and went and got it. Ever since then it all about, "Where is the blank."
Here Molly is sleeping in her crib (she seriously knows if one of those 56 items is removed from her crib) like every night with princess shoes, princess headband, and "The Blank". Only the headband and shoes change--and usually she's naked when we get her up in the morning. Again, I think this is because she was born in the summer--doesn't like a lot of clothing on. . .

5 comments:

Heather said...

cute photo--glad your blog is up and running!

Gramma said...

What an adorable little Molly! I believe you when you say that she would know if even one of her "56" items was missing -- or even moved! :-)

This blogging is a great idea! I love hearing about daily escapades of the O'Brien Mob!

Jen said...

I love it. Signs of a fun personality to come. I love the things little girls do, especially falling asleep with princess clothes on and a ton of things piled all around them. What a cutie!!

Cheryl said...

First off- I love your blog. You are a natural! It was been so fun to read about your family, see photos and remember why I love Louisville so much- the great people!

I love Molly and her girly ways. I also was relieve to see there are other children out there that sleep with their shoes on. Brynn wouldn't have any other way. It sometimes is tough to shove on the little mary janes over PJ's with feet, but she manages.

I also love that she has her beloved "blank". Do you remember Matt's intense (that word is an understatement!) love for his yellow blanket? I should document all the places that thing went. It was a bit ridiculous. He then traded up for a new Star Wars quilt my mom made him. Thankfully he finally let it go about 6 months ago. That was also documented on the blog! Happy day!

So fun to see how she's growing up!

Marla said...

That picture is priceless! I love the shoes and the 56 things...it is so fitting of Molly's personality. (Emma does the same thing with things in her bed - it mades me crazy, but she wouldn't do without them). You have a GREAT blogging voice!