Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley

I wanted to write how much I loved President Hinckley, and share my testimony that I know that he was a prophet of God.

In June of 1997, Rusty and I were able to attend the St. Louis temple dedication. I have to admit when we got there I was a little bummed because we were seated in the lobby near the front door, and I thought that my chances of seeing the prophet were slim to none. As the dedication continued I felt the spirit so strong and a feeling of gratitude came over me that not only was I thankful to be in the same building with the Prophet, but that we had a temple only 4 hours away, and family members in St. Louis which would make it much easier to attend more frequently. As the dedication ended and we were standing singing, President Hinckley walked right by me to leave the building. Although seeing him was amazing, I realized I always had a testimony of him as the prophet and am grateful for the spirit to confirm this to me.

President Hinckley's wisdom and stewardship for the past 12 years as our Prophet has blessed our family and we were/are influenced by him on a daily basis. We will miss his kindness, humor, and love of the Lord. What a wonderful example President Hinckley was for us.

2 comments:

Gramma said...

Thanks for sharing. I saw him several times at BYU. Once when he was the award recipient and guest speaker at a Marriott School function. He spoke about his role as the "CEO" . . . and then went on to describe the amounts of food (esp. ice cream and cold cereal) that was ordered (and consumed) each week at the MTC! He was laughing as he gave us the numbers . . . something like enough cold cereal to fill a basketball court . . .

I too know that he is a Prophet of God and I loved him dearly. What a wonderful and loving person he was.

Cheryl said...

I love everyones personal thoughts on our beloved Prophet. What a blessing he was to us all.