Friday, May 30, 2008

MeG cAn DaNcE!!!

Saturday, May 16 was Meg's 5th dance recital. She has been studying at Joanne Fryrear School of Dance since she was 5 years old. She started with just ballet and tap but the last two years has added Jazz to her repertoire and, needless to say, jazz is her favorite. I, as her mother, love to watch her do ballet.

Meg posing in her ballet costume.

She looks too grown up with make-up on.
During the performance. Meg is doing a "p k turn" (that is what she said it's called).

In her Jazz and Tap costume.

Meg is so great at posing for me.

Tapping.

The boys playing their Gameboy games during Meg's dress rehearsal. When I asked Sam how he thought Meg danced he said, "Did Meg already dance?"

Molly coloring with Grammi while we waited for the performance to begin.

Gammi has come to every one of Meg's dance recitals for the past 5 years.

Our family after the recital.

9 comments:

Noelle said...

Meg is so beautiful. I can't wait to see her on "So You Think You Can Dance."

Gramma said...

What a doll! I'm so sorry I missed Meggy's recital this year . . . Next year I'm in the FRONT ROW!!!!!!
:)

See you all SOON!!

143 2ks

The Mortenson Family said...

Meg's eyes look so beautiful in that close up of her... you guys are in big trouble when she is allowed to wear makeup for real! Jen

Sally said...

love love love all of the dance picutes! Meg is DARLING and I cannot believe how big she is.

Did I already ask you who designed your blog? I really love it.

Kristi said...

Meg is just GORGEOUS! I remember my mom pushed me to do ballet as well, when my secret love was clogging...

Grandma and Grandpa T said...

I can't believe Meg is getting so grown up. I agree with Noelle, it won't be long before we see her on "So You Think You Can Dance". And we'll be able to say, "that's our grandaughter, the dancer".

M and M Madsen said...

She looks so beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Wow. She's a knock out. You had better worry when she turns 16!

I too would love to watch my girls do ballet. I think I'll sign them up for a dance class this fall. It will be fun to get out of the house and I can't wait for their first recital. So fun.

And I will always LOVE, LOVE, LOVE gameboys. They have saved me and the boys from boredom too many times to count.

Loved the whole family shot. We miss you guys!

bstoutfamily said...

Ok, oh my gosh!! Meg looks so beautiful and so grown up...how is she already that old! It feels like just yesterday when she was just a little baby--and still one of the most beautiful babies I might add! Well, she is absolutely adorable! ANd Ben playing baseball--so freakin' cute! I am seriously dying right now...such a cute, cute family!! I miss you all!! :)