Monday, August 18, 2008

MoLlY iS tHrEe--JuNe 22, 2008

Three Weeks Old
Three Months Old--blessing dress given to her by her great grandma (Grammi).

Molly's first birthday.

Molly at the pool--1 year old

Molly's 1 year old picture.

Molly age 2 (obviously).

Molly wanted a princess party, and we were going to have a friend princess party (I had already bought all of the supplies), but somehow the days got away from us. We ended up just having this great family party instead (still princess themed). I'm sure she'll still be "into" princesses when she's four, and we'll use all the "stuff" then.
We ended up having a family dinner on June 22, and invited the Blackwells. Molly picked the menu: Hot dogs (I also made hamburgers), watermelon, corn on the cob and "gade" (Gatorade--she's OBSESSED with it).

Molly didn't want a cake. She wanted "pink cupcakes with sprinkles." Her wish is our command. I hadn't made a carrot cake for Rusty for Father's Day so I made this an additional option for those who don't particularly enjoy "pink cupcakes."
Molly diving right in. She hardly ate or said anything during dinner. We have church from 1:00-4:00 p.m. and I think she was too tired after missing a nap.

She perked up during presents however. Here she is giving a big hug after opening Aunt Valerie's and Uncle Mark's present.

So many of our family members sent Molly presents for her birthday. Here she is "hugging" a princess towel and flip-flops my mom and dad mailed. By the way, thank you everyone.

Grammi gave Molly a hat and shawl for all the tea parties Molly will be attending, beginning with one she and mom had the other day.

The Martin Family sent her this darling dress. She wears it ALL the time.

Rusty and I gave her a pink Barbie Jeep. She was so excited and seemed like she knew what she was doing at first, until we realized that she was in fact pressing on gas to make the Jeep go, but holding on to the "front window instead of the steering wheel. After almost crashing into Aunt Valerie's car. . ."
. . .we recuited Sam to give her driving lessons. Well, if any of you know Molly, she didn't want help, ESPECIALLY from Sam (he's too close to her age/size). Plus, as you can see, he was a little too preoccupied with the phone to really help. . .

. . .so we enlisted Meg as the trainer. Things went a little better (notice Meg's hand is actually ON the steering wheel). We had a fun birthday party, and she always talks about her presents and her "princess party." I can't believe she is three. She is so much fun, and watching how friendly, loving, and spirited she is makes me enjoy her even more (well, most of the time).

The Molly "look." August 2008
I love this picture of Molly because it captures her personality so well. Molly HATES shoes, and her feet ALWAYS look like this--dirty. We painted her toes (which she loves) for the picture and she wanted to make sure the photographer took a picture which showed her toes. She can be very demanding at times. I have no clue where she gets this.


8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday to such a pretty and sweet little girl. In talking to her at Anna's party, she seems so much older than 3.

I love all her pictures. She's so photogenic. And what a party. It looks like she was very pleased with all her new gear. (Who wouldn't be?!)

It was great to see you. It had been far too long. You look great, I love your kids and hope we can do it again soon!

Sally said...

She is so darling with the biggest eyes! Love seeing all of the pictures through the years.

Also love the photo place with the number blocks...what a great idea.

Wise move with the Barbie jeep. We've gotten some serious mileage out of ours!

The Mortenson Family said...

Happy Birthday Molly! Okay, your kids have to been some of the cutest ever. If I have another girl someday, I might just have to name her Molly. ;)

Jen

Grandma and Grandpa T said...

It was great to see the pictures of Molly through the years, all three of them. She has grown so cute and so fun to be around. Don't worry, we know where she gets the "demanding" part from.

Kristi said...

LOVE the photos of Molly. What a sweet girl. She gets more darling by the minute.

Ok, so you BETTER have gotten the Jeep at a yard sale. If not shame, shame, SHAME! : )

Jen said...

What a pretty little girl Vicky. I can't believe she is 3. I remember buying you that little red dress when you had her and loving it so much that I bought one for Mylee. So crazy. Honestly, it seems like you just had her.

Unknown said...

Could she be more adorable? or more Molly!!!! with those gorgeous blue eyes and beautiful red hair! What a doll!!!!
143 2ks

Amy said...

Vicki- I am so excited to join the blogging world. Your blog is so awesome and Molly is a doll. Her eyes are so stunning! All of your pics are super cute! I look forward to reading about more of your familys adventures.