Thursday, August 7, 2008

Meg's New Room/Bed

First, I want to preface this by saying I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT TO TAKE A "BEFORE" PICTURE.

For months, Meg has told us she wanted to redo her room. At first we told her she could change the bedding and accessories, but we weren't going to repaint the room. After telling us over and over she wanted a blue room, I finally gave in and said, "We'll do it for your 11th birthday." Well, one night we went to a bedding store and Meg saw this bedding and LOVED it. We bought it and the next thing I know I'm painting a blue room.

It turned out super cute and she loves it, and spends a lot of time in it playing with friends, dancing, and just hanging out, but doesn't sleep in it very often. She still keeps a mattress on the floor in the boys' room, (see earlier post) and prefers to sleep there.

However, last night even the mattress on the boys' room didn't do. She crept into our room when we were already asleep and slept on our chair. So, although Meg has two beds in our house, she's not sleeping in either of them.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Love the room! Tell Meg if she won't sleep in it, I will (it's probably much quieter than my house)

Noelle said...

That is a stylin' room! I love the bright and vibrant colors.

Jen said...

I love the room. Eva's room is blue, and I think it's the happiest room in the house. I love being in it, and will sometimes go in there to read because I love the way I feel when I'm in there. The bedding is super cute! The sleeping thing is hilarious. What a cute girl!

Grandma and Grandpa T said...

Meg's room is really cute. Julie and Cari told us how cute it was when they got home. It's great to see the pictures so we know what it's like. Love the poses Meg is doing to show off her room. Reminds us of when Vicki was younger and the poses she would do whenever her dad called her name.

The Mortenson Family said...

My Meg is so like that... she would rather sleep on the hard floor next to my bed than her 2 beds in the house... yes, she has her queen sized be and her toddler sized bed that she sleep in in Ben's room. Crazy kids. I'd do anything for my own bed sometimes! I love her room!! Great job picking out the color and accessories, Meg!

traci said...

That sounds like Trevor. So proud of the room he never spends time in or sleeps in. I love her new room. It's the color we painted Mallory's. Love that color!!

Cheryl said...

Darling! Any girl would feel lucky to have that to call their own!