We love Molly's Sunbeam teacher, Brother Gold. He is just great. I mean it, really great. So great that he thought when he taught his Sunbeam class entitled, "I Am Thankful for Fish" that he would give them a gold fish. No, I don't mean the little cheesy crackers that most kids eat; that would have been more than sufficient as an "object lesson." I mean a real goldfish. . .Molly named hers "Goldilocks." Isn't that just GREAT of Brother Gold?
This same Sunday I was getting set apart in the bishop's office with a few other women. There were quite a few kids in there with us and the bishop looked around the room before beginning the prayers and said, "Well, we've got four women, four husbands, 12 kids, and one goldfish."
Molly with her "I am thankful for fish" sign, Goldilocks, bowl (decorated with princess stickers), and a few "fish entertainment" items stuck in the bowl. BTW, Molly dressed herself after church.
Goldlocks lasted longer than any other fish in the class. Most died that same day. We suspected he (Molly assured us that her fish was a boy even though he had a girl's name) would die if we changed the water. That first day, we put the fish in the bowl with the original water from the bag. In hind sight, I should have called the pet store and asked about the water conditions, but we changed the water and, sure enough, within an hour Goldlocks bit the dust. Everyone was asleep except me (Rusty was in Clevland for a case) and I have to admit, I was a little sad. This led to getting another fish. Not one, but four. EVERYONE had to have a fish. After talking to the pet store expert (a seventeen year old who probably had a total of 4 hours of training) who schooled us, we decided to get beta fish for a number of reasons: 1) They don't die very easily, 2) you don't have to clean their bowl very often, 3) they only need to be fed every other day (two pin head size pellets, and finally 4) they were cheap. All four fish, individual tanks (they'll eat each other and they like small confined spaces) and food, was a total of $33. Well worth it. I think I can even forgive Brother Gold for beginning this fish fiasco.

Molly and "Sparkles"
Meg and "Rainbow"
Meg and "Rainbow"


2 comments:
Our sunbeam teacher did the same thing when Rawley was in her class, much with the same result. Once we changed the water bye bye fishy!
Kinda glad Jed didn't teach Anna's class... :)
Post a Comment