Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Day in the Life of Molly






Molly's day began by hosting playgroup at our house. By hosting I mean I do all the work and she bosses ALL of us around about which activity she would like to do next. All of the kids in our playgroup are great, but it's still 6 (today only five because Gage was sick--get better buddy), three and almost-three year olds, and Molly decided to play Play-doh, which I was picking up until about 5:30 p.m. tonight. . .this is also consequently the time I ended up taking a shower today. Molly loves playgroup and church nursery and would love to have all the friends at church nursery to be in playgroup--more to boss around perhaps?

Then we (again, by that I mean Molly) decided to work on potty training. Molly realized she was the only one not wearing "big girl panties" at playgroup and immediately went upstairs to put them on. This lasted for about two hours, three pair of underpair, two clean-ups, four books read by Meg to Molly while sitting on the potty and only one Starburst later, (the reward for getting about six drops of pee pee in the potty). Molly brought me a diaper and said, "Molly's not a big girl, she a little girl." With no energy to pursade otherwise, I put on the diaper and began washing a load of Molly's big girl panties.
I HATE POTTY TRAINING!!!

8 comments:

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I can not believe how old Molly looks in that picture! When did she start to grow up?
It's okay that she is the "boss" she's the baby of the family, she's entitled!

Jen said...

Good luck Vicki! I hate potty training too! Potty training and weaning from nursing are my two favorites, let me tell you! Thanks for the smile.

Heather said...

so cute! I have to say, I was the happiest person in the world when Zoe potty trained--that was a great mommy day!

Cheryl said...

I think I hate Playdoh as much as potty training! And glitter and gum and silly putty. Oh how the list could go on!

Way to on working with Molly. Courage dear Vicki, courage. Someday it'll happen!

Gramma said...

Isnt' she adorable!!!! :-)

Jen said...

Vicki I'm counting down the years (unfortunately) that I still have kids in diapers. I so look forward to the days when I'm where you're at. Actually, where you'll be at in a few months - good luck!! Molly is so cute!!!

M and M Madsen said...

i love your posts. that was so funny- and molly is adorable. thanks for stopping by today- you made my morning!

Jessie said...

Aww I miss our playgroup when I was there. Hadley had so much fun with everyone. She still talks about it sometimes. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Good luck with the potty training. Rawley was forced into it because he wanted to go to preschool. But he did it, and even before his 3rd B-day. Good luck with Molly.