Sunday, July 13, 2008

No More Cribs








Molly has outgrown the crib. I think I was in denial of that fact for a few reasons: 1) it is the last time that we will have a child in the crib we bought almost 11 years ago, and 2) I knew that the second Molly is released from the constraints of the crib, my life as I know it for nap time will be over.


But then about three weeks ago, she started to climb out. I was worried that one of these times she would climb out and lose her balance and get hurt. So after our weekly trip to Costco last
Wednesday, we saw this darling bed and bought it. Rusty and Ben put it together yesterday. During the entire time, Molly kept saying "my bed, my bed," with the emphasis on "bed" not "my." She was so happy, she must have told Rusty five times, "Thanks for buying my big girl bed daddy" (even though mom is the one that actually bought it). These pictures show Molly sleeping on it for the first time, of course with all her dolls, blankets, etc. that were in the crib.


I've been looking for a trundle bed for Molly for the past few months. The trundle part we decided not to use as a bed yet, and just put her books and "treasures" in it. As Rusty always says to me when I get a little nostalgic about a milestone passing in our kids life, "Oh, she's going to be going to college soon." I hope not!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

MAN! I hate it when they figure out that they can climb out of the crib. I too saw that darling bed at Costco. Now I can just be envious of Molly. I love the trundle part to hide all their stuff. From the look of what Molly chooses to sleep with, you will have no lack of crap to put in there.

Don't give up on naps. There's always holding the door closed until she cries herself to sleep :) (like I've ever done it....)

Jeffrey and Monica said...

cute bed! I love how you saw her climbing out of her crib and took pictures of it instead of stopping her! That cracks me up b/c I would have done the same thing! good luck on the naps. Andrew has been in a big boy bed for a month or so now and he does great, he never gets out until I come in to get him. I know that will end but I enjoy it for now.

Jen said...

Vicki, so funny that you post this. I have been trying to sale my crib and changing table for a while now. Hallie still sleeps in a pack and play and I am ready to get her a little toddler bed or something.

Your crib looks almost identical to mine. I can't believe how big she is. I love the new bed.

Julie and Matt said...

Those pictures of Molly are so cute. I'm not courageous enough to take my twins out of their cribs. You are giving me motivation. What a cute bed!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

So what is he going to say when she DOES go to college LOL!! Soon we will all be grandparents, time will go by so fast.. (well hopefull not TOOO soon)
The beddding looks fantasic btw..