Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

For a few reasons we weren't able to celebrate Thanksgiving in St. Louis with Rusty's family. Threfore, to avoid the totally "alone" feeling, and to embrace the "spirit" of inviting someone to our Thanksgiving dinner, we asked our friends the Hitchcocks from Chicago to come. We have known them for 11 years and have seen them at least once a year since they moved away 9 years ago. We always laugh non-stop with them. They like to eat out, see movies, play games and LOVE to drink Diet Coke. . .what more do you need in a friendship?

Michelle and I just a baking away Wednesday night. We had spent the day at the movie (Michelle, Natalie, Molly, the boys and I went to "Bolt," and Rob and Owen took the other girls to see "Madagascar 2,") then we met up with Rusty and went to Q-doba for dinner. Michelle showed us how to make the yummiest pecan pie. Rusty seriously ate half of it the next day.

Anyone who knows me knows that there is ALWAYS some sort of Holiday craft involved. We made place mats and place holders Thanksgiving Day morning.

Rusty carving our 21lb. (I got a little bigger turkey than I thought) bird. We did have PLENTY of leftovers which included: sandwiches and turkey tetrazini.

Rob and Michelle pre-feast.

Thanksgiving Day feast.

The weather was "Fab." 50 degrees and sunny. The entire gang took a much needed walk. And then went home and ate four pies.

Ben and Sam let Natalie sleep in their room. Natalie and Sam were seriously BFF's. They got along great and when Sam showed a little concern about "hanging out" with a girl, I assured him that having a girl as your best friend only would help him throughout life.
Last time Sam and Natalie (they were five years old), were together we caught them kissing. Before the Hitchcocks arrived, I had a little sit-down with Sam and told him to lay off on the kissing. Not 24 hours later when I went outside to take Sam and Natalie's picture while they were on the trampoline, I found them kissing each other's shadows. "Mom, we weren't kissing on skin!" Sam, Sam, Sam. . .

Megan and Rachel slept in Meg's room.
I rarely get with Michelle that we don't create some sort of a project. This time we made a window treatment and roll pillow to match Molly's room. I LOVE how they turned out.

Molly and "O" as I called him (his name is Owen). The first day Molly thought Owen was a "baby" and tried to constantly hold him. When she caught on that he would not allow this, she settled to just play with him.


There is a lot of baby teeth showing in this picture.

Saying good-bye.

1 comment:

mitch said...

Love the updated blog!! We had such a blast with you guys and seeing the pictures made me have a perma smile on my face the whole time while reading and looking! Like I said, my blog is in the works.....
Miss you guys! BTW, I am your first commentator on this post!