Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Knocking On 40's Door

I am officially no longer, GULP, in my mid-30's. I guess I really haven't been for the last few years, but felt like it was okay to say--but no more. I'm, eeek 39! I don't know what happened. I know that many of you know exactly what I'm talking about. It seems like I was just 25, newly married, no kids, just graduated from college. . .and then I turn around and I have four kids, one reaching puberty, two others thinking I'm dumb because I don't know how to do "new math." BEWARE OF TANGENT. . .what the crap is "new math" anyway? Does 3x5 still equal 15? Okay then. . . I know how to do math! Also, when was the day that my body started to ache sometimes getting out of bed? I exercise, I take vitamins. WHAT! ? And I'm not even going to discuss the hair issue. Again, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about (Rusty said gross, but yet, he knows what I'm talking about and that's why he said gross).

Anyway, my birthday was great. It was uneventful and relaxing. I had told my kids for a month that all I wanted was for them to write me a note telling me what a great mom I was and how much they loved me (can you tell I'm in DESPERATE need of a self esteem/worth boost? But then again, what young, I mean old mom isn't?)


Rusty took me out to dinner at a restaurant called Captain's Quarters (the food was okay, but since it's on the river the ambiance was amazing). Then we went home for presents, cake and ice-cream.
One such note as previously mentioned that was "willingly" written for me.

The notes were all great, but here is Sam's. Notice the "O" is scratched out. He must have figured I knew which Sam it was (always in a class with more than one Sam).

Sam's gets a hug after his note.

Ben and Sam helped me blow out ALL my candles.

Rusty's cousin Jessie, her husband Rob and little boy Charlton came to visit for Thanksgiving and helped me celebrate my birthday.

I got so many cute gifts, including flowers, clothes, jewlery, cd, notecards, etc. from friends and family. Thank you everyone. Here is one such gift from a very talented friend.

Here is another gift made by a different amazingly talented friend.

And it's reversible!!! I'm hoping that some of their talent will just rub off on me.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Vicki. You made me laugh with this post. I always feel dumb helping Mylee with her homework and she is in 3rd grade. They teach so differently now. Time does just fly bye!! Thanks for the laugh.