Friday, July 18, 2008

Happenings on the Last Day of School--June 5, 2008

I know this post is over a month late, but my philospophy is better late than never.
Molly gets hurt--In every girl's life there is an incident with high heels. Molly's just occured a few years earlier than most. She was running full speed with her plastic, princess sling backs (anyone who has a little girl from the ages of 2-5 has these) down the driveway and biffed it. Luckily, Meg was right there and brought her in to me screaming. She kept a tissue on her mouth for hours and would not let anyone look at it.

Sam's last day in Kindergarten--We've hit another bitter-sweet moment in our life. Sam will never be a Kindergartener again. I've said this so many times, but I can't believe how fast this year went. A few FAVORITE memories/things about Kindergarten for Sam were:

1) "Mrs. Banbury and Miss Mary teached me a lot and weren't ever mean."

2) "Doing art and music IN the classroom" (as opposed to Meg and Ben who had to go to different rooms for those activities).

3) "Going down the slide when it was wet, and I had to wear someone else's underware and shorts from the nurse's room."

4) "Learning to read in my mind with my lips only moving a little bit. Also knowing that 10x10 = 100."

Sam's self potrait. He is TOTALLY into making sure the correct eye and hair color (shade) is used when drawing portraits.

Sam's "treasures" from this past school year. Everything has "Sam O." because there were two Sams in his class. He actually now introduces himself to people by calling himself "Sam O."

Vicki goes a little (or a lot) blonde--I decided I wanted to test the theory of "blonds have more fun." So far it doesn't really seem like it, but I have liked the look and so does Rusty. Meg told me it would take her "a little while to get use to." Whatever!

6 comments:

Jeffrey and Monica said...

I like the blonde! Thanks for the warning about the princess shoes, I'm sure we'll have some too!

Grandma and Grandpa T said...

I feel so bad for Molly and her ouchie. Was she trying to keep up with one of the other O'Brien's? I can see she wouldn't want to be left out of anything. Sam's self portrait is great! It looke just like him. I love the display of all his Kindergarden treasures. And you look pretty good as a blond! I think it makes you look younger.

Gramma said...

I love your philosophy AND your updates on the kids.... :)

143 2ks

The Mortenson Family said...

I think you look great with any hair color! Although, you match Meg's hair nicely with the blonde... ahhh... I remember those blonde hair days =) Jen

Kristi said...

Too sweet. Sam has never ceased to crack me up. I feel fortunate that Anna has not biffed it yet in her heels. By the way, Molly is getting so PRETTY (just like her blond mama!)

Aaron and Heather Stucki Family said...

LOVE the blonde!! I get so homesick for you guys every time I read your blog and see how bug your kids are getting!