Recently, I have had to alter my daily plan every time Molly and I go anywhere because her new "must do" is to buckle securely whichever animal, Barbie or baby doll she happens to be carrying with her at the time. Today, it was a mini-Jasmine barbie and her "soft Giselle."
A problem arises when the other kids want to actually come with us and there are dolls or the like buckled in their seats. Ben almost didn't make the cut going to his own baseball game last night. Molly insisted, "Ben, you go with dad." She yelled, pulled at Ben's shirt and cried when Ben tried to unbuckle her stuffed dog "Rupie." After ensuring Molly that her dog would not be harmed if we got in an accident, she relented and allowed Ben to sit in his seat. Meg appeased her by "double buckling" Rupie in her own seat.
Molly's new motto: "Safety first!"

In Molly's seat

In Ben's seat
6 comments:
I think the dolls and animals might not be tall enough and need boosters of their own. But, I won't tell Molly that because that would make a bigger mess!!
Oh Miss Molly . . . never a dull moment! ^_^
1432ks
Too cute!! Molly is just a little too used to being the only one driving around with mom during the day. It reminds me of Sam's soft guys!
Meg used to do the same thing!! I always said that I may as well have another child!! She had her own little infant carrier carseat for her babydoll though. =) Jen
That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. It is so fun to take pictures and document their little obessions because as much as they bug us at the moment, they all will be too short lived!
Thankfully my girls have learned this one yet. I have a hard enough time trying to keep just them buckled!
Safety first!
Post a Comment