Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Just Let it Go. . .

I have found that the longer I'm a mother, the more I HAVE to just let things go or it will drive both me and my kids CRAZY. The latest in this category includes the following (surprisingly to you and me Sam didn't make this list. Maybe because I have to let MOST things go when it comes to him):

Here Molly is laying on the filthy, dirty rug that is right inside the door from the garage. It's right after church (no nap) and she wanted to be by me while I was making dinner so she grabbed her blank and laid down. She does this all the time. What ever room the majority of family members are in, Molly, with blank in hand, lays down and gets comfortable. BTW: After seeing this pictures and seeing how disgusting the rug was I bought a new one.


I'm serious that Ben is serious about this hair do. He LOVES it. I have since cut/buzzed Ben's hair (I told Ben that I was doing a "long buzz" but really did it much shorter than he thought so that "the fin" wouldn't stand up quite so high). He wets only the top of his hair with a squirt bottle every morning and then sticks some (by some I mean a lot) of gel on the front and does a flattening motion from the back of the head to the front, and then presses upward with his palm to make "the fin." The one time I just couldn't let it go and asked him about it, he told me that all the boys in his school wear their hair this same way. Meg later told me they don't, and it was confirmed from looking at their yearbook. Ben likes it, therefore I have to LET IT GO!!!


Yes, another hair-do-let-it-go moment. It's the wear the hair in the pony-tail, with the headband, but be sure to keep the long bangs out of the headband and slicked to one side hair do. Again, I said one thing one time, and have learned that I've got to pick my battles with Meg and this one isn't worth it. She thinks she looks good, she feels confident to walk out the door, so who am I to disagree?

3 comments:

Noelle said...

My mom had to let me go too. Of course she had eleven kids before to wear her down. I think your kids are so sweet and beautiful anyway.

Kristi said...

Ben's hair is a CRACK UP! For SURE you have to let him do that so you can show him the photos in about 5 years. Oh, and I think Meg would look absolutely gorgeous no matter WHAT her hair looks like.

You may think your rug is gross, but right now I have 2 hairy Goldens at my house. Kate drags her blanket around the house, and by the end of the day it looks like a furry monster. I just take it outside, shake it off, and put it to bed with her. Oh well, she'll have a strong immune system, right??

Cheryl said...

I think Meg's hair is cute and had a good chuckle at Ben's. He's so cute even with sort of crazy bangs. But he can pull it off. I just love how into it they are.

You are right, pick your battles wisely, because some really just don't matter. And hair really doesn't!

And I love Molly on the rug. Isn't it so fun to have someone who loves you and wants to be close. That is one of the biggest things I'll miss when my kids grow up, just having them close by every day.