Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ben's Off, Off Broadway Production

Ben asked if he could do the lesson for Family Home Evening this past Monday. As a side note, why when boys want to "act" out a Book of Mormon skit do they always choose stories that involve swords, fighting or killing? Actually, now that I think about it, that is a lot of the story line in the Book of Mormon. Anyway, Ben played Nephi, Meg played Laban and Sam played Zoram. They did a great job and even quoted from the sciptures. Ben was the writer (adapted script), director, producer and costume designer, as well as picked the songs (figured out the score) that would best go along with his lesson.
After the skit I asked how can we obey the commandments like Nephi did. Sam said, "Don't kill anyone unless the Lord commands it." Okay, good lesson Sam. Actually it really was a great lesson. I am always surprised what has "stuck" in their minds from previous lessons. I was happy to especially see Sam "get it."
Laban, Zoram and Nephi
Laban gets drunk, Zoram fixes his robe.

Nephi kills Laban while Zoram looks on.

Nephi dresses as Laban and get's the "Brass Plates"

Taking a bow.

5 comments:

Noelle said...

Sounds like a great show. When I was a kid we participated in the Hill Cumorah pageant many times. Our play was often reenacting those scenes. Our favorite was generally Ammon fighting off the robbers. I'm sure we were not much compared to the theatrical efforts of your kids, but we thought we were pretty awesome!

M and M Madsen said...

I love that your kiddos WANTED to do that! You must be doing lots of things right!!

Aaron and Heather Stucki Family said...

Tell Ben I would be happy to do my "Ariel" impression in his next production.

Gramma said...

Like father, like son! I remember Rusty in some of those "Off, Off Broadway productions!" I wish I would have recorded them as well as you have! What an awesome Mom you are!

143 2ks

The Mortenson Family said...

Very cute! Those are the moments when you realize all your efforts are worth it! Jen Mortenson