Over the past month, either through reading blogs or just talking to friends, I've realized a lot of people have been sick. I've been amazed at how many days it has lingered for most people or their kids. I almost didn't believe it until today. . .day 6 of this nasal, soar throat, coughing, aching, yucky feeling. It probably wouldn't have "hung on" this long if I didn't go away this past weekend, (read the next post) which I think I was running on adrenaline, because now it's back and better than ever.
The two things that make being sick really HARD is: 1) You can't stop being the mom, and 2) the LITTLE patience that I can muster up at the end of the day is completely gone by being run down and sick. It's only 5:33 p.m. and I am DONE!!! Rusty's out of town, and it looks like frozen pizza for dinner and a movie for FHE (luckily we did have the missionaries over for dinner last night and had a "spiritual" lesson).
I thought that the flu shot would make me immune from everything (silly me), but luckily it is day six, and hopefully it can't last too much longer?!?!? I really hope I was sympathetic to anyone who was sick that I came in contact with the past month. If not, I sorely apologize.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh. I'm so sorry you caught it... I hope it didn't ruin your weekend, I was wondering if you are back.
i hate to tell you've got about 5 days left til you feel 100% (if you are like I was)...I got sick on a tuesday and wasn't better until the next Saturday.
I think that Jeff was so sick of "picking up" dinner on his way home from work.. we ran out of ideas after a few days.
Put your kiddos to bed early and go crash!
Call me when you are feeling good again, I want to hear about your trip.
m-
Sorry to hear your bug is still biting. No fun! I hope the kids went to bed early and you got some down time. With Rusty out of town and your weekend away (which I am dying to hear about BTW) you must have so much "catch up" work to do. No fun.
Rich is on call tonight and normally we would have just had frozen pizza, but ours were all gone. Spaghetti it was. Now I think about it, I really have no idea what Matt ate for dinner (he's not a spaghetti boy and they all seemed to eat in shifts). No wonder he's just skin and bones.
Get better soon!
I got sick, and it was the worst 2 weeks of the year. I know it isn't over yet. But it was horrible. The dry cough that won't quit, and ends up hurting your sides...
But you are more fit then me, you gotta be more over it by now.
I'm so sorry you are sick. I feel your pain.
I think having a sick mom helps everyone appreciate a mom who is not sick. It is good to be appreciated from time to time. . .
Post a Comment