Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Mother Snow Storm, The Mother Hill and The Mother Fort

We had a MAJOR snow storm (for Kentucky) that began on Friday mid-morning and ended about 24 hours later. It left us with at least 12 inches of powdery snow. It was so weird because on Thursday it was 55 degrees and sunny, and I had taken Molly to the Park--that's Kentucky weather for you.

We had a blast playing in the snow and because it was so fun we almost were able to forgive the fact that it was March and we're ready for Spring.

Our back deck


Our house from the street.


Paul and Sam. Rusty's cousin Paul came to sled down the "Mother Hill" with us--he's a blast because he likes to go super fast!!!


Paul and Ben. When asking Paul what he was wearing, he said "I'm going Kentucky style--blue jeans, fishing boots and a jacket." He actually had been staying at his parents home and left all his "snow gear" at his own house.


Molly and me. Molly likes to go down the hill on the sled, but she LOVES to just roll down the hill in the snow. Again, people were wondering whose child she belonged too, because every time Rusty or I would try to take her up the hill, she would throw a major fit. So, we left her near the bottom playing in the snow and kept sledding. We always made sure we ended up by her to see if she was ready to go up yet. She never was, and finally when we were ready to go home, we ended up carrying her back screaming the entire way.


Ben and Rusty. It got to be a little cold when all that fresh powder snow stung your face while sledding. The kids finally started going down the hill backwards so they wouldn't get the snow blowing in their faces.


Meg's friend Margee came sledding with us.


Walking up the hill. Paul carrying the sleds, Rusty carrying Molly.



Molly going in. After a little wind burn she was DONE!!! She lasted almost 2 hours though.


The "Mother Snow Fort." Meg, Margee, Sam and Rusty worked on this. But Ben was the initiator and didn't even come in for lunch so that he could get it done (he ate his pizza outside while working).


Meg and Sam taking a rest in the Mother Fort.

5 comments:

Gramma said...

TRULY amazing! The pics are priceless -- esp. the one with little red-cheeked Molly. Guess Ben likes COLD pizza . . . eating while he works ... what a man!

Thanks for taking the time to share!

143 2ks

traci said...

I sent the boys out sledding to your mother hill and I wish that we would have had more sleds and Mallory a snow suit because I wanted to join in. I think they had fun but after 20 mintues (not 2hours) Boston had had it. We need some snow endurance around here. Loved the fort too!

Kristi said...

That looks like SO MUCH fun! We were in Nauvoo for the weekend, and missed all the excitement. I'm kind of sad about that....

Allison said...

Hi Vicki,

I don't know if you remember me, I was in the ward for a little while with your family. I found you through Melissa and Jen. I just wanted to tell you I was coming over to read your blog, so I don't feel like a blog stalker anymore.

I really love your posts. Good to see you and your family are well, we really miss Kentucky and all the friends we made there.

Allison R.

Cheryl said...

You weren't kidding when you said Mother Fort. Wow! That is quite something.

I loved that you got a HUGE storm. We ended with 5 inches and of course it was all gone 36 hours later. That's KY for you.

Such a fun day sledding with family and friends. Perfect really.

Now let's all say- No more snow! Bring on Spring!