The Tooth Fairy got to come to our house TWICE last night. Meg lost a molar (that had a nice white filling in it, which I paid for only about 8 months ago), and Ben lost a front incisor (are you impressed Melissa?).
It was such a great thing, because we have been trying to coerce Ben to get that dumb tooth out for about six months (it was jetting out of his mouth in not a very attractive way). The dentist even threatened to pull it (and charge an outrageous amount) so between the dentist saying he would pull it, and me saying I would pull it (I wasn't about to pay the dentist to pull that tooth), Ben felt the pressure. Then the pressure multiplied once he saw that Meg had lost a tooth. He couldn't be outdone so he worked for almost an hour to get that tooth out. Once it came out they both shined up their teeth (Meg is convinced that she gets more money if it's shiny) and went to bed with their teeth under their pillows.
Now, you all know that Meg is 10 and Ben is 9 so we had to be a little tricky with the tooth fairy actually coming--lots of questions were circulating in our home before bed about the logistics of the tooth fairy. Therefore, it was pretty late when I think she actually came, and Ben's tooth fairy was able to put the money in the one side of the pillow, but somehow forgot to take the tooth from the other side. Meg's tooth fairy however, remembered. This caused a bunch of new questions and theories in the morning.
Hey, what can I say, even tooth fairies make mistakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am laughing because we are totaly on the same wave lenghts on life. Today I am going to write about what a crappy toothfairy I was last week. Josh lost a top front tooth (major big change) and I SPACED giving him something for TWO nights. She finally came through on night #3. Wow. What a mom. The problem was he wanted her to draw a picture just like Matt and I put it off too long and then fell asleep. She did give him an extra dollar and an apology note. You do what you can.
Loved the story about Ben. Trey had a molar that needed to be pulled but the mega bucks it would have cost (plus sediation) turned me off so I put it off. It finally fell out on its own right before I was really going to get an appointment. Hooray! That stinks about Meg's filling though. That is painful to spend money on teeth that will fall out at some point.
Glad to hear the tooth fairy is up to her same ol' ways . . . (i.e., if not forgetting altogether, then forgetting to pick up the tooth . . or even worse, picking up the tooth and forgetting to leave the rewards!) Hmmmmm.....
143 2ks!
Vicki-
If you want to do the Tuesday Tell All bit, you can click on the link on my sidebar or go directly to the site Marcie set up. It's address is http://tuesdaytellall.blogspot.com.
She used to email the topics on Friday, but since so many women have signed up you just have to check the blog to get the new topic. It will be posted by Friday at noon.
It's been a great way to document things I wouldn't have thought about and fun to write about the same thing as so many other women.
Just leave Marcie a comment on the blog and then she'll add your address to the sidebar.
Have fun!
Post a Comment