We first started off by celebrating Sam's birthday at school. Molly and I went to eat lunch at school with Sam and brought him a purple cupcake (his favorite color) which he LOVED!
The celebration con
tinued that
night at Red Robin as a family (Sam's pick). I have never in my life seen Sam embarrassed. Honestly, he just doesn't get that way. But when the staff at Red Robin came over to sing Happy Birthday to him and give him a complimentary sundae, he turned red and almost climbed under the table. He had never seen anyone get sung to at a restaurant before; church yeah, home sure, but out in public? They gave him an ice-cream sundae which he thought was great and "shared" with Molly (and when I say share I mean Molly helped herself).
The next day, April 5th, we had a huge birthday party for him and all his friends at Hwang's Marshal Arts. He had taken two lessons the week before so he could learn how to beat up a "bad guy" in front of all his friends. They started with a few "gathering games," then Sam beat up the "bad guy," followed by a lesson for all the kids which Sam helped teach. Next were relays games, and finally a game of dodge-ball, kids against the parents.

The highlight for me was when Sam broke a board. It was a real board and his friends thought he w
as AWESOME!

as AWESOME!

I was so happy with how the party turned out. I seriously couldn't get over the fact that I didn't have to "do" anything. They took care of set-up, clean-up, activities, cake, pizza, crowd control and even the so called "bad guy" wrote down who brought which gift for Sam and what was received.
Sam's third and final party took place in Utah while we were on spring break. It was after his cousin Cassie's baptism and our good friend Trudy made him a "jungle cake." He also got some great presents from everyone. Thanks family!!!

1 comment:
Tell Sam I know what he means. There is something very satisfying about breaking a board. Way to go Sam!
Post a Comment