Rusty went skiing today at Deer Valley with his friend Brooke, so the kids and I were on our own for the first half of the day. I asked what they wanted to do, and they wanted to just hang out at Grandma's (I think we've scheduled them a little too much).
I ended up taking all the kids to see Ashlee and Alicia Rose (twin sisters who grew up in Louisville and are my good friend Judy's daughters). They are about to graduate from a hair salon school and we thought it would be fun to get Meg's hair cut (Meg WORSHIPS those girls). They cut her hair and then styled it with a ton of ringlet curls. She loved her hair, but loved being with the girls even more. While Ashlee was working on Meg's hair, Alicia painted Molly's fingers and toes. The boys were getting bored so I ran them back home to Grandma's house, but not before Alicia had given them homemade cookies that she made the night before for us. Those girls are too darling and sweet.

Ashlee cutting Meg's hair.
Alica painting Molly's nails and later toes.
Meg is in HEAVEN!!! Both Ashlee and Alicia giving her attention. Her hair looked so cute when they got finished with it.
Sam and Ben with Alicia
The finished product. We loved spending the morning with the twins.
When Rusty got home we headed to a must-eat in Provo, "The Brick Oven" for a late lunch. When we were planning our trip to Utah I asked each of the kids what they really wanted to do when we got to Utah. Ben said he wanted to go to the BYU Bookstore and buy a football jersey and then go bowling. So we headed to BYU. After an hour of shopping and bowled. I started out with the game of my life. First a spare then two strikes. It went down hill a little after that, but it was still enough to SPANK Rusty. It was awesome, but did bruise his ego a little.
Molly "helping" Ben pick out a ball.
Meg and Ben waiting for their turn.

Ben took this picture of us.
Molly completely ignoring us bowling, and decided she wanted to play in the arcade.
Sam was wicked while bowling. I'm truly surprised there isn't a hole in the floor.

That evening we took our kids to play video games and watch movies with their cousins while all my brothers and sisters and parents went to dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment