*For dinner the other night I was grilling hotdogs and hamburgers. When I went to put the hot dogs on the grill I thought one was missing; sure enough, Molly was clutching the slimey thing in her hand while taking her third bite. Meg started gagging and making quite a production out of it, (can you say "drama queen?"), which scared Sam who thought Molly was going to die and started screaming at me. My response, "at least it was 100% beef!"
*Ben had to get his eyes checked again. We just went in September, 2007, when the eye doctor determined he needed glasses. This, of course, only happened because the school informed me that he needed to get his eyes checked (I'm so observant--hey, with four kids in a family the squeaky kid gets mom's attention, and in our family that's usually Molly). Anyway, lately Ben's been complaining of not being able to see, especially distances (I guess he learned to speak up). We discovered his vision has gotten twice as bad in just six short months. BUMMER!!! Luckily, we didn't have to get new frames, just new lenses. We also got him a pair of sports goggles so he can actually see the ball coming (this year is kid pitch and who knows where the ball is going to go).
*Meg was disgusted with me today because when she said to me, "it's snowing in Hawaii, " I didn't know what she was talking about. Apparently "EVERYBODY" knows that this means that my bra strap was sticking out (which it wasn't, but she had been dying all day to use it on someone other than her two friends that wear bras). Okay, and this came from . . .I know, school friends? Why do I have to have a pre-teen?
*Molly loves for me to whisper in her ear. I do it a few times each day and it's always the same. I whisper "I lubba, lubba, lubba Molly" (that's the way she says love). Then I tell her how great she is and how kind she is (I figure if I keep telling her one day she might be a little kinder. . .you know the quote by Goethe, "If you treat a man the way he is he will be that way, but if you treat him the way he ought to be he will become. . .). I keep whispering in her ear and end by telling her once again how much I love her. Then it's her turn to whisper back in my ear. She gets up on my lap, moves my hair out of the way and whispers these kind words every mother waits to hear, "I lubba, lubba daddy." Nice!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You've got me laughing, the way you told the Molly story. She's a cutie! I get Molly's whole Hot Dog thing too. Totally gross, but I thought cooking them was optional. I always grew up grabbing one out of the fridge, that was until just after I got married, and Keith and I were on the Activities Committee. They were going to be having hot dogs at the ward carnival, and silly me said "Are we going to cook them?" Seriously the room fell silent, and I still remember everyone turning to look for the idiot who said that, and met me looking pathetic right back at them.
Vicki! How are you? Its been so fun to see your cute family- don't you just love blogging! Your kids are so funny.
Send me your email address so I can add you to my list!
Sallymtaylor@msn.com
Ok that Molly story is so dang funny. I know that Maylee is going to be the exact same way (daddy's girl) and I can't complain too much because I was that way too.
My Mom loved raw hot dogs I think you tell the best story's
I lubba lubba lubba you! Today's amazing stories made me laugh out loud (l0l!) . . . I can hardly wait to see you guys on Monday!
143 2ks!!!
Vicki- I am so sorry that I didn't pass along your info to Sally and Marcie sooner. I knew you asked me too, and it wasn't until I saw Sally's name that I realized I dropped the ball. SORRY!
I'll let Marcie know just incase you haven't talked to her yet.
I LOVED all your tidbits. These are my favorite because I get a peek into your fun lives. Molly is a hoot. I know she's loves you too. She probably just gets a kick from your reaction when she throws in daddy instead of mommy!
My kids eat hot dogs cold too. No food posioning here, yet....
Wish we could have seen you on Friday when we came to the zoo. Traci told me it was Sam's birthday. Hope is was a great day. We are coming for Thunder on Saturday and to the balloon glow on the 25th. Maybe we can see you guys then. Miss you!
Post a Comment