After coming home from Park City we decided to just hang out in the afternoon around Provo. We went and ate at Hogi Yogi (my kids could not grasp what a "Hogi" or a "Yogi" were, even after we showed them). And then we went and saw "Horton Hears A Who." Because it's not spring break here there were only two other families in the entire theater. Molly could roam all she wanted and Rusty could comfortablly take a 90 minute nap. . .which he did.
That evening I hooked up with some of my high school friends, so Rusty took all the kids to the Lehi rec. center to swim and play with their cousins.
Cassie, Abbie, Molly and Meg
Ben and Sam trying to take down their cousin MarshallIt was like a time warp to be with my high school friends, some of whom I haven't seen since high school. My 20-year reunion is this summer, but I can't go because Rusty has a law conference in Vancouver (which I get to go be alone with him) so this was a mini-reunion for me. Also, since many of them live in the county, they were able to fill me in on a lot of the other people I went to highschool with. Only a few of us stayed (the girls I was the closest to from high school) for almost 5 hours. Meg wanted to meet the friend, Lois Mae Decker Brown, who was maid of honor at my wedding, so Rusty brought the kids by to say "hi." Since he went to school with us, it was fun for him to see them and them to see him.
5 comments:
soooo fun!
Wow! So many great posts and photos. I am so happy you got away to Utah. I didn't realize you had gone, but until you got back. From hot tubs to hitting the slopes you guys really lived it up! So fun!
I loved that you got to catch up with old friends, eat at Hogi Yogi (we need one of those here in KY) and went to movies.
Good times!
Hogi Yogi--I remember that place well. My 20 year reunion is this summer too. It makes me feel OLD. . .
Hey Vicki! It's Marcie. I got an e-mail a bit ago from Cheryl saying that you had left a comment on her blog about my blog.
Send me your e-mail and I'll invite you to mine. marciealcorn (at) yahoo.com
I CAN NOT believe that your kids are so big....and that there are so many of them :) They are darling.
Looks like you guys were totally at my pool recently. We love that place!
Hey Vicki...
Looks like you guys had a great vacation... I'm jealous! Here's my blog address:
http://web.mac.com/drmortenson/Site/Blog/Blog.html
Have a Happy Anniversary on Tues... maybe we'll run into you on a Anniversary Date somewhere!! =)
Jen M.
Post a Comment