We left around 10 a.m. and were so excited to drive through the canyon to see the mountains. Well, about 10 minutes into the drive there was a major snow storm. We were still able to drive but, due to the clouds, couldn't see much. So the entire morning Rusty and I were "talking up" these amazing shakes at "Granny's" in Heber Utah. We told the kids we would stop to get one. When we pulled up the sign outside said, "Closed until May." BUMMER!!! So we just drove onto Park City.
When we got there we ate at a restaurant on Main Street and then walked up and down the street and did some window shopping/shopping. It's such a "quaint" little place and was so fun. Also, it snowed the entire time we were there.
Main Street in Park City
The next stop on our Park City tour was the Olympic Park. This museum and tour were AWESOME and I highly recommend it. The tour guide knew EVERYTHING about the 2002 Olympics and the museum had many "artifacts" from the events, as well as tons of footage on different t.v.'s, and my favorite -- actual medals. Again, the snow almost ruined it for us, but there was about a 20-minute lull as we were on top of the ski jump and luge starting lines and were able to see down them.
Riding an actual 2002 Olympic bob sled. They may not be the Jamaican Bob Sled Team, but they're not too shabby.
I fear that this "pose" isn't far from the truth in a few years when Sam is going down the slops.
Meg holding the Olympic Torch.

Ben in front of the Ski Runs for the Ski Jump

I NEVER let them eat in bed--but at a hotel. . . if you don't mind crumbs in your bed, who am I to stop you?!

Great action shot. And if you can believe it, only one injury.
4 comments:
I've been waiting for these posts! FANTASTIC! Sounds like you guys had a blast! Gotta love jumpin' on those beds! :) Can't wait for the next installment . . .
143 2ks
Sorry we didn't warn you about Granny's being closed in the winter. We were frustrated the first year they did it.
We agree with the pose on Sam's picture.
Park City is one of my favorite places in Utah - I didn't even know there was a museum there for the olympics- it looks so cool we will have to check it out next time we are in UT.
LOVE love LOOOOVVVVE the Sam photo. I made me laugh out loud. What a character....
Post a Comment