skip to main |
skip to sidebar
"I Want. . . "
Molly's school Christmas party included the necessities to make ANY preschool party successful. A happy meal with a "My Little Pony" as the toy surprise. I was only mildly embarrassed when she told her teacher, Ms. Kelly, that she now has "three My Little Ponys from McDonald's." Hey, don't judge, it's been a tough month. I'm in survival mode.
Okay, this is a PERFECT "Santa picture." Besides the fact that our Santa looks 23 years old, I love the way she's so excited to tell him what she wants. Three through six are such great ages for Santa.
My friend Kristy Hamilton was making me laugh really hard. Santa seriously can't be over 30! Molly had no clue though.
A few days later we were getting ready for the annual ham, funeral potatoes (I've been to a few funerals and never eaten these), green jello salads (see below if you thought I was just exaggerating the "typical" church Christmas party), and hard rolls. I'm not being negative. We LOVE the annual Ward Christmas party. It's just you know what type of food to expect at each one. I love to get Christmas shirts for my kids (however, I have not worn a "Christmas sweater" since 1999--I hope).
I had to explain what Sam and Ben's shirts meant to Sam. The shirt reads: "I Don't Do Mistletoe." But this only fueled him to ask every "couple" at church if they were looking for mistletoe. Sorry if you were one such couple.
I have a friend who has an embroidery sewing machine and does the cutest things for me.
The table was wrapped with paper the kids could draw on. I forgot to bring Sam's picture home. Just be sure that it was priceless.
Love the green jello salad--as did Sam.
An age-appropriate Santa. I hated that Meg wasn't with us. Her BEST friend since she was three had a birthday party that same night, and we gave Meg a reprieve from Santa. It was sad that she chose the birthday party over the Christmas party. I'm trying not to say no as much, especially to her and Ben so that when I do it won't be, "My mom always says no."
The first year that no one is crying while forced to sit on Santa's lap. We've come a long way baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment