Friday, December 12, 2008

Sam's Request

This morning my kids were about 90 seconds away from missing the bus for school (this happens daily). I sprinted up the stairs to see what was taking Sam so long. He was reading the label on his toothpaste.

Me: "Sam, hurry and brush your teeth NOOOOOW! The bus is coming."

Sam: "Mom, I don't like my toothpaste. Can you buy me Colgate Complete because the guy on the commercial said my teeth will look white for 12 hours. Isn't school about that long?"

Many, many thoughts entered my head: 1) Sam is obviously watching tooooooo much t.v. 2) Sam is a sucker for a good advertising campaign (he gets this from Rusty. . .he'll buy anything if the commercials clever enough, and 3) Who at school is it that Sam wants to ensure he has minty breath and white teeth for?

Sam was ecsastic when he came home from school and saw that I got him some Colgate. If only easily answered requests like "Colgate" would always keep him happy. . .

3 comments:

Kristi said...

LOVE IT. I so enjoy Sam stories...

Marla said...

AGAIN I say, he is one of my most favoritest kids EVER. Love him.

Gramma said...

Hey, he has pearly whites thanks to his Mom getting him Colgate! You could do a commercial for Colgate with Sam as the star!!!! :)

Thanks for a wonderful Christmas! Can't wait to see you at New Year's!!!

143 ALL 2ks