skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Meg Should Be The Mom
One day when I was upstairs doing laundry or cleaning something, I heard fighting in the basement but chose to ignore it. About a 1/2 hour later I walked through the kitchen and saw Sam sitting in the corner of the living room behind a chair reading a book. Again, I decided to ignore that too (I must have been really busy doing whatever I was doing, or just ready for the day to be over). Anyway, later Meg came and told me that she has been noticing lately that Sam is having problems controlling his temper and getting frustrated really easily, so she thought she would give him a place to calm down and some "tools" to help him redirect his frustration. They call it "Sam's Safe Place."Thank you Meg, I'll be addressing future parenting conundrums to you.
Sam's Safe Place.
This reads:"Sam's Safe PlaceIdeas: Deep Breaths, Read a book, think happy thoughts, count to 10, relaxBE HAPPY!"
BTW: Ben has this shelf and above it is a quote that he chose from Benjamin Franklin (whose biography Ben read, and he totally admires him), "Speak little, Do much." Anyway, Sam decided to add his own touch to the shelf. Needless to say Ben was not impressed.
3 comments:
Ok, that is AMAZING! What an amazing girl.
By the way: I got your message about VT-ing Mon at 11- sounds perfect to me!
Your kids are hilarious . Love it!
Vicki, you blog made me laugh so hard I cried. It was nice to do a little catch up. Your kids are adorable. And brilliant.
Stephanie
Post a Comment