Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Let Them Govern Themselves . . .

To me, there is no better feeling in the world than "catching" you child saying their personal prayers. I am deeply grateful for that "maybe I'm not failing as a mother" moment tonight, (Heavenly Father knows exactly when we need them) as well as their amazing examples to me.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Well said. Sometimes you just need to see that what you are teaching them is really sinking in. It makes it worth all the effort!

M and M Madsen said...

Sooo true. It is nice that HE knows when we need a little something to cheer us up and keep us going!

Unknown said...

And then when they grow up and teach their own children . . . you KNOW all the ups and downs and in-betweens were worth it! You guys are awesome parents! 143 2ks & 2ks!

Cheryl said...

Glad to read I'm not the only one with a messy van with odds and ends poking out from under seats. That is what happens when you have kids! Can't wait to read about your finds and I too love your blog and feeling like I'm still just down the road from you!