Monday, February 18, 2008

Tagged--The ABC's of Me

Tagged by Heather...

A- Attached or single: Attached

B- Best Friend: I’m too blessed with Best Friends from KY, AZ, TX, FL and UT—but if I had to say one, Judy Rose, and it all began in a young womens presidency.

C-Cake or Pie: Cake for sure—Rusty makes me “Chocolate Death Cake” for my birthday and Mother’s Day. It’s got three types of chocolate and oatmeal in it.

D- Day of Choice: Thursday—It’s almost the weekend, and after Cub Scouts (ha, ha), usually I have everything “done” for the week.

E- Essential Item (s): Tivo, internet, cell phone, gel for my hair (when curly), chi for my hair (when wearing it straight), running shoes, Diet Coke, a good book and the scriptures.

F- Favorite Color: Green

G- Gummi Bears or Worms: Gummi Bears if I had to choose, I like Swedish Fish for gummy stuff, but I’m a chocolate gal.

H- Hometown: Provo, Utah

I- Indulgence(s): pedicures in the summer, scrapbook supplies, vacation with Rusty (no kids)

J- January or July: JULY!!!! I am a sun goddess—live at the pool

K-Kids: Meg-10, Ben-9, Sam-5, Molly-2

M- Marriage Date: April 29, 1993--#15 this year (we were married by my neighbor who also gave us both our Patriarchal Blessings years earlier).

N- Number of Siblings: Two older brothers and two younger sisters—I’m right smack in the middle—doesn’t that explain a lot about me?

O- Oranges or Apples: Oranges—LOVE mandarin oranges

P- Phobias or Fears: BRIDGES—hate crossing them, my palms sweat and my heart will start racing. Fear--one of my kids will get taken—I watch the news too much.

Q- Quote(s): Ben said to put “Lovely.” But it really is (I have this quote on my bathroom mirror and read it every day):
  • “Through the thick and thin of this (raising children), and through the occasional tears of it all, I know deep down inside I am doing God’s work. I know that in my motherhood I am in an eternal partnership with Him. God finds His ultimate purpose and meaning is to be a parent (as I should). I try to recall this thought on those inevitably difficult days when all of this can be a bit overwhelming. Maybe it is precisely our inability and anxiousness that urge us to reach out to Him and enhance His ability to reach back to us. Maybe He secretly hopes we will be anxious and will plead for His help. Then, I believe, He can teach these children directly, through us, but with no resistance offered. . . .”
    -A mother who wrote to Elder Holland
    “Mother’s we acknowledge and esteem your faith in every footstep. Please know that it is worth it then, now and forever. May I say to the mothers collectively, in the name of the Lord, you are magnificent. You are doing terrifically well. The very fact that you have been given such a responsibility is everlasting evidence of the trust you Father in Heaven has in you.”
    -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland (conf. May, 1997)

R- Reason To Smile: my kids, date night with Rusty, extended family, dinner with friends, lazy days, a good book.

S- Season: SUMMER, no schedule, pool, tan, late evening runs with Rusty, grilling, watermelon, ice cream, and it’s WARM!!!

T- Tag Six: Jen Stout, Jenni Larson, Jen Gladwell, Cheryl, Heather Stucki, Michaun

U- Unknown Fact About Me: I have a bachelors degree in Psychology, and a minor in History. I also went to a Scorpions concert when I was 16 and LOVED it (two of their songs are on my ipod now).

V- Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animal: Don’t love red meat, but I like hamburgers in the summer, and love chicken.

W- Worst Habit: Ben said “flossing my teeth with whatever is convenient—straws,” I say, unfortunately, snapping at my kids.

X- X-Rays or Ultrasounds: Ultrasounds—I have had many, but hopefully no more.

Y- Your Favorite Food: Pizza, a good salad with chicken, bagels and cream cheese, any baked goods, and chocolate sweets.

Z: Zodiac: Sagittarius

1 comment:

Julie and Matt said...

Judy's your best friend? I'm hurt!
Just kidding.

Julie