I then went to lunch with Meg, Ben and Sam. Their lunches are different times, so I sat in the lunchroom for about 70 minutes
when it was all said and done. But since I didn’t have Molly with me I was able to get the “411” from everyone. Meg showed me the boy she thinks is "nice" (so does every other 4th grade girl in her class—that’s the new thing—to like the same boy). I finally met the “mysterious” Madison (she later told Meg that I looked like a teenager—By the way, Madison is my new favorite friend of Meg’s).
After eating lunch with Sam, Mrs. Banbury told me a little story about him. She said that last week their class was reading a story about a big
brother who didn’t want his mom to have a baby. Sam raised his hand very concerned and said, “That makes me so sad that the boy didn't want a baby; babies are a present to every family. I love my baby sister” She also told me that Sam has such a big heart with his classmates as well, and he makes sure that every day he says “good-bye” to every single child in the class by name. She also commented that he says “Hello/Good-bye” to anyone else that may be in the hall during the walk to and from the bus. Mrs. Banbury said, “If Sam isn’t president someday, I will be surprised.” Unfortunately these social attributes tend to get him in a bit of trouble at times as well--as I also learned during my discussion with Mrs. Banbury today.
Meanwhile Molly was with a friend whose mom took them to Wal-Mart and bought her a whole pack of gum. While I was switching the laundry, Molly got to the gum, and I found all the empty wrappers in the garbage. The 24 pieces of gum are stuck in Molly’s stomach for 7 years (please tell me this a wives’ tale).
when it was all said and done. But since I didn’t have Molly with me I was able to get the “411” from everyone. Meg showed me the boy she thinks is "nice" (so does every other 4th grade girl in her class—that’s the new thing—to like the same boy). I finally met the “mysterious” Madison (she later told Meg that I looked like a teenager—By the way, Madison is my new favorite friend of Meg’s).After eating lunch with Sam, Mrs. Banbury told me a little story about him. She said that last week their class was reading a story about a big
brother who didn’t want his mom to have a baby. Sam raised his hand very concerned and said, “That makes me so sad that the boy didn't want a baby; babies are a present to every family. I love my baby sister” She also told me that Sam has such a big heart with his classmates as well, and he makes sure that every day he says “good-bye” to every single child in the class by name. She also commented that he says “Hello/Good-bye” to anyone else that may be in the hall during the walk to and from the bus. Mrs. Banbury said, “If Sam isn’t president someday, I will be surprised.” Unfortunately these social attributes tend to get him in a bit of trouble at times as well--as I also learned during my discussion with Mrs. Banbury today.Meanwhile Molly was with a friend whose mom took them to Wal-Mart and bought her a whole pack of gum. While I was switching the laundry, Molly got to the gum, and I found all the empty wrappers in the garbage. The 24 pieces of gum are stuck in Molly’s stomach for 7 years (please tell me this a wives’ tale).
6 comments:
You are such a cute Mom! Sam sounds like a litigator in the making to me.
Such a great day! I love going to lunch with my kids. I never get to volunteer so I try to go once a week. It's so great to meet their friend and get the "411".
And no worries. Brynn eats packs of gum on a regular basis. She's a sneaky monkey child who can climb up and get anything she wants. It'll all come out just fine. Just look for grainy poop with a faint mint smell. No joke!
Molly reminds me of Vicki when she was small. We had to outlaw gum for a few months until she learned to eat only one stick at a time.
Sam reminds me of his Grandpa T., who has never met anyone he can't talk to for hours and come away with a new friend for life.
President O'Brien . . . sounds good to me! Love those brag-fests -- perfect way to brighten my day! Is it bragging if it's fact and they are downright adorable? :-)
Yesterday's pic of Sam and Molly is priceless . . . chocolate grin and all!
I guess if Mitt Romney doesn't work out in 2012, we can all vote for Sam O'Brien as the first mormon president in 2036 (or so).
I will vote for Sam! No question!
Post a Comment