Sunday, February 24, 2008

Piano Man Explained

Okay, after reading a comment on "Piano Man" posting, I realized I need to clarify what I said to my kids when asked the meaning of a line in the song. I didn't tell them the WHOLE truth. They don't know what "makin' love" means, so I just said that "makin' love to his tonic and gin" meant that a man, "really liked drinking alcohol." To them, this is worse than almost anything--because it's the worse thing their minds can imagine at this point (thankfully). You know how when kids are three or four years old and you say "stupid" or "shut-up" they scold you, but if they hear you say a swear word, (not that any of you would swear) they have no clue what your talking about? That's what drinking is like to my elementary school age kids--the worst thing.

So your kids are still safe being around the O'Brien mob. . .at least for now. Who knows what they'll come up with tomorrow.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

whew! I was really worried.

Cheryl said...

Gotta love the innocence of kids. My boys have been around the wordly "cul-de-sac" boys a bit too much and can spell out most cuss words since they certainly aren't going to say them. Nice. Wishing mine were still so "sweet".