Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentines Day

Valentines Day didn't turn out as I had invisioned. I wanted my kids to wake up to red heart shaped pancakes with their cards and gifts sitting by their plates and as they walked in the door from school, a fun Valentine craft waiting at the table (this is Ben's favorite thing to do with me) and to top it off a nice dinner and family movie night watching, "Charlie Brown Valentines."

But alas, none of that happened. We got up late and since all my kids bought lunch (very rare in our house) I couldn't even put a little "Valentine treat" in their lunch. It was pajama day so the cute "Valentine shirts" that I bought didn't get worn, but they LOVED wearing their p.j.'s. I barely beat them coming home from school because I was lucky enough to go to all three of their parties (Molly was at a friend's house) which was super fun. I love to see them interact with their school friends, and I love to get a little face/talk time with each of their teachers.
When they got home, I had just a few groceries to put away, and Meg complained of being "bus sick" and Ben had an earache. So, I drugged them up and they both laid down to rest. After they began feeling a little better, they all three dumped their Valentines out and read them to me. It was so fun to hear them analize why who gave a certain card to them (of course, when I say "them" I mostly mean Meg). Then I took Ben to see Dr. Todd (he's always so nice and willing to see us). By the time I got home Rusty was home making dinner and had a dozen roses on the table for me with Graters Ice cream for dessert--WHAT A MAN!! I had the kids go downstairs while we threw chicken nachos together (I love the roasted chickens from Costco) and put their cute Webkinz and cards at each of their plates. After dinner we had to quickly pack to go out of town the next day. So what if it wasn't exactly what I invisioned. We had fun and we all were super excited to go to St. Louis the next day. Maybe next year. . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a perfect V-day to me! :-) And little Molly, ALWAYS in her princess dress complete with crown and although I can't see her feet, I'm sure, princess shoes!

Thanks for coming to STL this past weekend. You guys are awesome! I loved spending time with you and with Meggy K, Ben, Sam, and Molly! I can hardly wait for a weekend when I can bop over to Louisville to visit!

Keep on bloggin' . . . . .

143 2ks

marlene said...

it is amazing how things work out for you just as you plan Ha HA