I'm officially done with snow days!!! Three and half (and one holiday) in the past two weeks is too much. It's not that I don't enjoy playing in the snow, or enjoy having my kids home. It's that I'm getting claustrophobic and very tired of the cold.
Now, I know that I should feel blessed that we have heat, food (luckily I did go to the grocery and Costco on Wednesday morning), etc. and I do feel blessed, but maybe I am a little grumpier today than the other snow days for a couple of reasons:
1) There isn’t actually any snow today. There was an ICE storm and there is a nice sheet of ice on everything (therefore, no playing outside); and
2) Because when the school called our home to let us know that we were first on a two-hour delay and then ended up canceling school, the one call at 5:54 a.m. would have been enough. BUT NO!!! I got FOUR more calls within the next hour and half which were perfectly timed just as I was dozing back to sleep each time.
So, now that I’ve complained, I’m choosing to look on the positive side.
1) Molly has a little extra entertainment today (no joke, as I’m typing this Sam started screaming because Molly bit him. I’m still looking as this as positive thing for today--not the biting by the way—the extra entertainment).
2) Meg dusted the living room and Ben cleaned the main floor bathroom.
3) Sam colored with Molly for about ½ hour while I was able to ride the bike.
4) Our satellite doesn’t work (due to the ice storm), so my kids are making forts and doing creative play.
5) I didn’t spend money unnecessarily because I couldn't get down my driveway this morning to go anywhere.
6) We have a little more time to practice our “talent” (and I use that word VERY loosely--think the opposite of the Von Trapp Family) for tonight's Ward Talent Show (unless it’s canceled due to the ice). But still we will be extremely prepared.
So I ask my family and friends to please pray for no more snow days in Louisville—mostly because now I think we are not getting out of school until the second week in June—less pool days:(
p.s. How do you get your two year old to stop biting EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE?
Sam and Ben decided to build a scenery for Sam's jungle animals. After they colored, they set up the guys and took pictures. Ben told me his favorite "scene" is the one where the animals are eating each other. When I said, "nice Ben," he said, "it's the circle of life mom."


6 comments:
i didn't mind the snow/ice day today ... jeff flew with Kari to UT last night and got stuck in denver... he called me at 2 am to get him a hotel etc... so we are all pooped here!
you might not spend $ becuase you can't get your van out - but the "online" shopping gets me everytime i'm stuck inside the house...
and just think- even if they get out in June that's more "kid free" days to run errands when it is actually warm outside and you want to leave the house!
i had to laugh you are making them clean, they are going to want to go back to school! LOL!
I was complaining about my 5:45am call this morning until I read your blog and saw that you got FOUR. That stinks more than the snow day! (Actually, Em's pretty easy, so I don't mind snow days...but if they cancel Gracee's preschool then I'm bummed).
I am with you on the snow/ice day thing. Is it a bad thing that my kids were on the computer for WAY TOO long today? . . .
You guys are a CLOSE second to the Von Trapp Family, I mean, you even had visual aids to go along with the song. It was great!
Jericho has been on a biting frenzy for awhile. It drives me CRAZY. Three people have told me that the only way they learn not to bite is to bite them so they know what it feels like. I just can't bring myself to do it.
I second you... I am a bit confused by all the lack of snow myself. I don't have any tricks for biting- Although Tanner was by far the worst in the whole world ever, but I think for sure your house has been more fun than mine!
Seriously, I feel the SAME way! Hoping to get a full 5 days in next week and keep our extra time in the summer down to, I don't know, mid-June?!
Just kidding, but I am glad your kids helped around the house and were using so many creative outlets while trapped inside.
We have our ward's pinewood derby tonight. We'll be thinking of you!
And I'm still laughing at the Sound of Music reference. Too funny!
Snow day. What's a snow day? It was 81 degrees today!
Post a Comment